10.17.2013

because this may be funny one day

This week really wasn’t award winning calebar in the parenting department for me.

It started when I got on this organizational kick and decided to take on filing all the mail, bills… you know, fun stuff. So to trick myself into getting excited about it, I headed to Target (of course) to buy cute file boxes and file folders. The rest went something like this:

… take file box home and set in intended location… test to make sure it will hold the important stuff by putting Eli’s file of all his most treasured baby things inside (ultrasound pics, footprints, birth certificate)… check, everything fits… step back to see how it looks… walk off and forget about it until the next day when I walk through the room and realize it's totally wrong… return file box… get home and start making dinner…

… until I realized the horrific thing I had done by returning that box with Eli’s file STILL INSIDE. It’s the most sickening feeling I’ve had to date. I just gave away my first baby’s one and only set of footprints to a perfect stranger! What kind of sick mother does that?!?!

Thankfully, Target employees happen to be the best on earth. After less than 30 seconds on the phone, that lovely person on the other end had my file in hand and waiting for me.

And I breathed THE biggest sigh of relief of my life.

… but that’s just the first part.

The next morning I’m gathering up things to get in the car, loaded down with gear, going through my mental list. I put mocha in the car and unload one armful of bags so I’d have an extra hand to put E in his car seat when I looked down to find my purely breastfed baby with fists full of dog food, chewing on the side of Mocha’s puppy-slobber-coated food bowl.

Win.

And all in less than 24 hours folks!

2 comments:

wingslikeeagles said...

All of my babies were breastfed. I didn't count the dog food, because it's not really food. He'll be fine!

Whitney Mc said...

Hahah, that’s wonderful. I’m totally taking on your mentality with this one… Dog food doesn’t count ;)